<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #2 >

Date: Tues, Sept 13, 2011
Time: 9am - 10am PDT
Location: Caltech, Cahill room 126

Participation (update as appropriate)

Attending: Dekany, Matthews, Weber
Call-in: Ellerbroek, Konadaris (from Taiwan), Mobasher, Simard
Unavailable:

Dial-in: 888 387 8686
Participant ID: 746-0475

Agenda

  • 0900 - 0915 SoW status - Luc / Rich
  • 0915 - 0930 Collecting interface information - Bob
  • 0930 - 0940 Science document update - Bahram
  • 0940 - 0950 Scheduling an Oct optical design mini-review - All

Minutes

  • Sow has been updated and ready for signatures (perhaps today)
  • Early look at the optical design has shown it difficult for minor mods to the collimator to produce a flat parallel wavefront
  • Bob has received an ICD from IRIS; mechanical SolidWorks model is just a shell showing the outside volume of everything (which is not editable)
    • Needs the detailed model now, from HIA
      • Enough to both describe the hexapod connection to NFIRAOS and also to determine the location of the IRMS OIWFS (external or internal is the decision to be made)
      • There is the port model from NFIRAOS with seals, etc; there is also the IRIS-side design work that has been done. Bob would prefer having both.
    • Luc points out that even the IRIS interface is not entirely up-to-date (was changed from mech interface at the port to a stand that holds IRIS around the CG)
  • NFIRAOS design may evolve somewhat in the future as its at a PDR design level, but large changes are not foreseen
  • The instrument attachments are meant to be interchangeable; one could in theory take IRMS from the top port and install it on the bottom port of NFIRAOS
  • In 2009, an RfI was sent to CSEM, which collected a lot of information (might have been integrated into the Pazder memo already)
  • The science team has performed some of the exposure time simulations developed by Chihiro before her departure from UCR
    • Science document is about half-way done; will be distributed in draft format

Actions

  • Luc will talk to Vlad about providing more detailed SolidWorks model of NFIRAOS, including the attachment of the hexapod (may only be at the level of shells under the new NFIRAOS design)
  • Luc will look for original source material from the 2009 RfI to CSEM
  • Rich to ask for vignetting contour map across the NFIRAOS output (to inform the early discussion of internal v. external OIWFS for IRMS)
  • Rich to ask David Loop for detailed SolidWorks drawing of IRIS OIWFS for evaluation in IRMS exterior envelope
    • Will lead to request to Brent to run sky coverage calculations, once we know the rotation-envelop-limited positioning of the OIWFS
  • Rich to initiate a DoodlePoll for an optical design review the week prior to 20 Oct 2011
Edit | Attach | Watch | Print version | History: r6 < r5 < r4 < r3 < r2 | Backlinks | Raw View | Raw edit | More topic actions
Topic revision: r6 - 2011-09-16 - RichardDekany
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback