r2 - 29 Nov 2011 - 18:03:15 - RichardDekanyYou are here: TWiki >  TMT/IRMS Web > IrmsTeamMeetings > 112911_Team_Meeting_8

<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #8 >

Date: Tues, Nov 29, 2011
Time: 9-9:30am PDT
Location: Various

Participation (update as appropriate)

Attending: N. Konidaris, B. Weber
Call-in: R. Dekany
Unavailable:

Dial-in

  • 888-387-8686
  • Conference participant ID: 746-0475

Agenda (tentative)

  • 0900 - 0910 Management update - Rich
  • 0910 - 0930 Technical updates - All

Minutes

  • We discussed the basic architectural options for the OIWFS
    • Strategy is to evaluate the performance vs. sky coverage for a 'one-side', no-incursion, external-to-the-dewar patrolling sensor (similar to IRIS OIWFS), and then address any performance shortfall if necessary
      • Rich will engage with Brent and Co. to get this started by Dec 2 (hopefully), but in practice this will depend on the weather at Palomar summit
    • Possible avenues for larger sky coverage if needed:
      • Allow some incursion into spectroscopic FoV? (probably diminishing gains because an external patroller is so far from focal plane)
      • 'Two-sided' dual OIWFS to patrol each side without incursion
    • Focus sensing strategy may impact performance as well (e.g. 2x2 SH WFS v. pyramid v. separate (slower) focus sensor(s))

Meeting schedule

  • The next IRMS team meeting will be in 2 weeks: Tuesday, Dec 13 at 9a.

Outstanding Actions

  • Rich to work with TMTO (Brent) to assess suitability of external OIWFS in terms of sky coverage and performance (by Dec 2)
  • Rich to make written request to WMKO (Sean) to support MOSFIRE cost detail in support of the IRMS estimate (by Dec 15)
  • Rich to contact UCLA (Ian) to request UCLA detail MOSFIRE cost breakdown (by Dec 10)
Edit | Attach | Printable | Raw View | Backlinks: Web, All Webs | History: r2 < r1 | More topic actions
 
Powered by TWiki
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platformCopyright © by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback