Difference: 111111_Team_Meeting_7 (1 vs. 5)

Revision 52011-11-29 - RichardDekany

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="IrmsTeamMeetings"
Changed:
<
<

<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #7 >

>
>

<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #7 >

 Date: Friday, Nov 11, 2011
Time: 9-9:30am PDT
Location: Caltech, Cahill room 126
Line: 29 to 29
 
  • Bahram is working on the science case, but without a postdoc is carrying this load single-handedly. Still, he has a goal of distributing this to the science team by Thanksgiving.

Meeting schedule

Changed:
<
<
  • IRMS Team Meeting #8 will be Tues, Nov 22 at 9a
>
>
  • IRMS Team Meeting #8 will be Tues, Nov 29 at 9a
 
    • That agenda will include a review of the remainder of the project schedule, which is somewhat behind due to demands from MOSFIRE, SEDM, PALM-3000 and other projects.

Outstanding Actions

Revision 42011-11-12 - RichardDekany

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="IrmsTeamMeetings"

<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #7 >

Date: Friday, Nov 11, 2011
Line: 28 to 28
 
    • Rich will begin a document that will eventually capture the flow-down of requirements to OIWFS performance requirements.
  • Bahram is working on the science case, but without a postdoc is carrying this load single-handedly. Still, he has a goal of distributing this to the science team by Thanksgiving.
Changed:
<
<
*Meeting schedule
>
>
Meeting schedule
 
  • IRMS Team Meeting #8 will be Tues, Nov 22 at 9a
    • That agenda will include a review of the remainder of the project schedule, which is somewhat behind due to demands from MOSFIRE, SEDM, PALM-3000 and other projects.

Revision 32011-11-11 - RichardDekany

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="IrmsTeamMeetings"
Changed:
<
<

<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #7 - Optical Design mini-Review >

>
>

<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #7 >

 Date: Friday, Nov 11, 2011
Time: 9-9:30am PDT
Location: Caltech, Cahill room 126

Participation (update as appropriate)

Changed:
<
<
Attending: Dekany
Call-in:
Unavailable:
>
>
Attending: R. Dekany, K. Matthews
Call-in: N. Konidaris, B. Moshasher
Unavailable: B. Weber
  Dial-in
  • 888-387-8686
Line: 20 to 20
 
  • 0920 - 0930 Science Team activities - Bahram

Minutes

Changed:
<
<
*Meeting schedule change (NOTE!)
  • The previously scheduled TM's on 11/15 is canceled.
>
>
  • Rich discussed MOSFIRE cost accounting with Sean Adkins on Nov 4. They agreed a written request to Sean for his support in assembling costs would then lead to Sean's estimation of the effort (and potentially a request for project funding to support this effort).
  • Bob has made progress receiving updated thermal interface detailed CAD information from Vlad at HIA, though MOSFIRE demands continue in the near-term.
  • Rich has started from the ORD-CCR24 section 3.3.18.3 (IRMS) to get a handle on the OIWFS performance requirements
    • The 80% EE limit is presumably an instrument requirement, not a NFIRAOS+IRMS requirement across the entire FoV, but this is to be determined.
    • A question regarding the necessary capture range for focus from the OIWFS arose - how out-of-focus might the delivered NFIRAOS beam be? Presumably NFIRAOS could use it's ACQ to do a coarse focus, but if the sodium layer is moving rapidly and theres lag between ACQ focus and getting light into the IRMS OIWFS, how far off might we be? - Rich to check on IRIS' assumption for this.
    • Rich will begin a document that will eventually capture the flow-down of requirements to OIWFS performance requirements.
  • Bahram is working on the science case, but without a postdoc is carrying this load single-handedly. Still, he has a goal of distributing this to the science team by Thanksgiving.

*Meeting schedule

  • IRMS Team Meeting #8 will be Tues, Nov 22 at 9a
    • That agenda will include a review of the remainder of the project schedule, which is somewhat behind due to demands from MOSFIRE, SEDM, PALM-3000 and other projects.
  Outstanding Actions
  • Rich to work with TMTO (Brent) to assess suitability of external OIWFS in terms of sky coverage and performance (by Dec 2)
Changed:
<
<
  • Rich to contact WMKO (Sean) to request Keck's view of the total MOSFIRE costs (by Dec 10)
>
>
  • Rich to make written request to WMKO (Sean) to support MOSFIRE cost detail in support of the IRMS estimate (by Dec 15)
 
  • Rich to contact UCLA (Ian) to request UCLA detail MOSFIRE cost breakdown (by Dec 10)
\ No newline at end of file

Revision 22011-11-11 - RichardDekany

Line: 1 to 1
 
META TOPICPARENT name="IrmsTeamMeetings"

<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #7 - Optical Design mini-Review >

Date: Friday, Nov 11, 2011
Line: 15 to 15
 
  • Conference participant ID: 746-0475

Agenda (tentative)

Changed:
<
<
  • 0900 - 0910 Management issues - Rich
  • 0910 - 0920 CAD model update - Bob
  • 0920 - 0930 OIWFS performance model input parameter collection - Rich
  • 0930 - 0940 Science Team activities - Bahram
>
>
  • 0900 - 0910 CAD model update - Bob
  • 0910 - 0920 OIWFS performance model input parameter collection - Rich
  • 0920 - 0930 Science Team activities - Bahram
  Minutes

Revision 12011-11-01 - RichardDekany

Line: 1 to 1
Added:
>
>
META TOPICPARENT name="IrmsTeamMeetings"

<IRMS mini-Study Team Meeting #7 - Optical Design mini-Review >

Date: Friday, Nov 11, 2011
Time: 9-9:30am PDT
Location: Caltech, Cahill room 126

Participation (update as appropriate)

Attending: Dekany
Call-in:
Unavailable:

Dial-in

  • 888-387-8686
  • Conference participant ID: 746-0475

Agenda (tentative)

  • 0900 - 0910 Management issues - Rich
  • 0910 - 0920 CAD model update - Bob
  • 0920 - 0930 OIWFS performance model input parameter collection - Rich
  • 0930 - 0940 Science Team activities - Bahram

Minutes

*Meeting schedule change (NOTE!)

  • The previously scheduled TM's on 11/15 is canceled.

Outstanding Actions

  • Rich to work with TMTO (Brent) to assess suitability of external OIWFS in terms of sky coverage and performance (by Dec 2)
  • Rich to contact WMKO (Sean) to request Keck's view of the total MOSFIRE costs (by Dec 10)
  • Rich to contact UCLA (Ian) to request UCLA detail MOSFIRE cost breakdown (by Dec 10)
 
This site is powered by the TWiki collaboration platform Powered by PerlCopyright © 2008-2020 by the contributing authors. All material on this collaboration platform is the property of the contributing authors.
Ideas, requests, problems regarding TWiki? Send feedback